Wednesday 29 January 2014

COUPLES WHOSE LOVE REMINDS US OF ELIZABETH AND DARCY


(from Bookish)

In vain they struggled, but it wouldn’t do. Their feelings would not be repressed, and as readers, we eagerly read on as their love overcame them and finally culminated in a moment of passion and truth. It's hard to believe it's been over 200 years since the publication of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. In honor of this anniversary, allow us to share how ardently we admire and love these literary lovers who remind us of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy.

1.Tiger Lily

Though Neverland is “the second star to the right and straight on til morning” from the world of the English aristocracy, the same difficulties of love exist. Like Lizzie, Peter is energetic, social, and doesn’t often take in evidence that shakes his view of the world. Tiger Lily shares Mr. Darcy's stoicism and aloofness. Competition between these couples is fierce, with Darcy and Lizzie trying to best each other through wit, while neither Peter nor Tiger Lily would stand to be second bravest. All four should have “stubborn” as their middle names.

2. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

“It’s Wing-gar-dium Levi-o-sa, make the ‘gar’ nice and long.” Since the day they met, Ron and Hermione have been getting under each other’s skin. It took them six years to get it together, so that when they first kissed at the end of the final Harry Potter book, there was not a single person who didn’t shout, “Finally!” Not even Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth were that stubborn. It’s easy to imagine that if Lizzie was a witch, she’d have sent conjured canaries at Mr. Darcy’s head, too.


3. Emma

Pride and Prejudice isn’t Jane Austen’s only novel about a contentious and seemingly ill-fated couple. In Emma, when protagonist Emma Woodhouse decides she likes playing matchmaker, it is George Knightley who is her loudest critic. It isn’t until Emma’s close friend Harriet falls for George that Emma realizes her own true feelings for him. Emma may be breaking girl code, but, like Lizzie Bennett, she gets her man in the end. 

Have you got other couples to suggest? Who reminds you of Elizabeth and Darcy?

4 comments:

Kelli H. said...

I would definitely say that Margaret and Mr. Thornton from North and South have a Darcy/Elizabeth relationship!!

Maria Grazia said...

I agree with you Kelli, though, in their case Margaret is the one who is prejudiced and snobs John Thornton at first. First impressions are wrong in their story too and it takes so long to Margaret to understand ... Good contribution, Kelli! Thanks a lot :-)

Natasha Hayes said...




How To Stop A Divorce And Save Your Marriage?(Dr.Brave).


Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in TEXAS,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly email this wonderful man {bravespellcaster@gmail.com},i f you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, Thanks..

Anonymous said...

I just want to give a quick advise to any one out there that is having difficulty in his or her relationship to contact Dr.Agbazara because he is the only one that is capable to bring back broken relationship or broken marriages within time limit of 48 hours with his spiritual powers. You can contact Dr.Agbazara by writing him through his email at ( agbazara @ gmail. com ) OR call/WhatsApp him on +2348104102662, in any situation you are into.